Skip to main content

Leanne Riley: ‘I hope in two years women’s rugby will be fully professional’

Harlequins Ladies host Gloucester-Hartpury on Saturday with hopes of a record crowd for a women’s domestic match

Leanne Riley does not look at Twitter too much, she says. Which is why one of her posts sticks out; it is a link to a picture of her England No 9 shirt neatly folded on a bed the day of their Six Nations match against France in February. Lying on the shirt is a picture of a steely haired man slightly awkwardly but determinedly cradling a newborn. Alongside it, Riley wrote: “This one’s for you Grandad.”

Related: Shaunagh Brown: ‘I run in a straight line. If there’s someone in my way ... sorry’

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/2V2OfdF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Details of F.B.I.’s Kavanaugh Inquiry Show Its Restricted Range

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR, SHERYL GAY STOLBERG, MAGGIE HABERMAN and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT from NYT U.S. https://ift.tt/2QhwZyw