Skip to main content

I’ve finally got round to fixing up my house – and it’s given me a radical idea | Nell Frizzell

All the jobs I wanted to do – from fixing the tap to replacing the shower curtain – are done. Why? Because of the terrifying prospect of strangers coming to look at it

Here is a short and by no means comprehensive list of things that have been at the bottom of my fruit bowl for about a year: two screwdrivers, a small plastic Pikachu, four marbles, the inner mechanism of a door handle, a drawing of a clown, an unidentified key, the receipt for our wedding wine and a pipe cleaner. Today, after at least 12 months of wishing someone would rid me of this troublesome shrapnel, I finally cleared out the bowl.

Why? An attack of efficiency? Is someone’s grandma coming to stay? Have I discovered a wealth of spare time? No. We are trying to sell our house.

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/UN1QeqP

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Details of F.B.I.’s Kavanaugh Inquiry Show Its Restricted Range

By MICHAEL D. SHEAR, SHERYL GAY STOLBERG, MAGGIE HABERMAN and MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT from NYT U.S. https://ift.tt/2QhwZyw