Skip to main content

Secret Service takes ‘full responsibility’ for Trump shooting security failures

Acting director Ronald Rowe says ‘this was a failure’ and admits errors in communications and surveillance

The US Secret Service takes “full responsibility” for the events that led up to the attempted assassination of Donald Trump last month, the acting director of the agency said on Friday.

In a press conference in Washington, Ronald Rowe, who replaced Kimberly Cheatle after she stood down from her position as director of the service after Trump was shot, said: “This was a failure.”

Continue reading...

from The Guardian https://ift.tt/hQwSOmx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Despite Unleashing COVID-19, Expert Predicts China Could Emerge from Pandemic with Even Stronger Hold on Other Nations

Tensions between the US and China are growing, fueled by COVID-19 and accusations of dishonesty. One result is Americans are suing Beijing, seeking to hold it accountable for the worldwide pandemic. Those efforts could backfire, however, such that China not only evades consequences but potentially benefits from the pandemic. from CBNNews.com https://ift.tt/3aVp0Ba